Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Behind the Mask

It’s here! The release for Robbie Cox’s upcoming stand-alone story, Behind the Mask has arrived and it’s worth all the excitement. Excitement has been buzzing for Behind the Mask, the stand alone, contemporary romantic novel from Robbie Cox. It hit the shelves and e-readers everywhere today, so join the many who have already pre-ordered it, and check out this steamy Halloween romance. Why the excitement? Check out all the goodies related to Behind the Mask and a quick Q&A with Robbie Cox, getting to know the author behind the books we love. ABOUT ‘BEHIND THE MASK’ The romp on the couch took the edge off her building tension, but she wasn’t ready to call it a night yet. However, she doubted if Jake could satisfy what was in her mind. He was too timid when they first arrived at his place. She didn’t want timid. She wanted brazen and forceful. She wanted aggressive, not cautious. She wanted… She sighed. She wanted the impossible. Too many pretended to be the aggressor. She was tired of going home with phonies, fakes. She wasn’t fragile by any stretch of the word. Far from it. She could handle it. She wanted to handle it. Staring at herself in the mirror, she blew a frustrated breath out. One day. Fantasies, we all have them, but Emma Rochester craved for hers to come true. She's been dreaming of Trent's Halloween party for over a year and she finally received her invite. Yet, now there's Jacob Hendricks, the quiet, mysterious man at work who keeps casting furtive glances her way. In order to have one, she has to give up on the other, but which should she choose. AND, FINALLY, THE COVER YOU’VE BEEN WAITING FOR… Q&A WITH ROBBIE COX Behind the Mask is a spinoff from Come Halloween, a paranormal romance. Is this story also a paranormal romance? It’s more of a companion story than a spinoff. It takes place during the same time frame as Come Halloween, giving us the events in Emma’s life and the buildup to the party she was so excited about. It’s not paranormal in anyway, although the coffee shop conversations happen in both books.   What attracted you to pull the story of Emma out of your previous book, Come Halloween? Emma just seemed spunky. Plus she was so gung-ho about this Halloween party that I just needed to see if she had her fantasy come true.   Where do you most often find inspiration for the stories you write? On Behind the Mask, the inspiration came from writing Come Halloween. However, most of my stories are based on the what-ifs I see happen around me. I look at people and try to figure out their story. In Come Halloween, I just loved the history and folklore of Savannah and really wanted to put a story of witches there. What are you reading (or what was the last book you read)? I’ve been working a story for the Sassy Ever After world of Milly Taiden, so I’ve been reading a lot of the books based in that world. Right now, I’m reading one by Gracen Miller called Kissing Sassy. Are there any genres you haven’t written in yet that you’d like to explore someday? I have ideas for stories in every genre. I am working on some mystery stories with unique detectives, which is turning out to be a lot of fun. Plus, I want to combine more genres, like paranormal with mystery or detective stories. What are your favorite genres (or romance sub-genres) to read? Fantasy is my go-to genre to read and I love Terry Brooks. He actually is the reason I started writing way back when. Other than that, any genre is great as long as the story is solid. While writing in one genre, do you read in the same genre during that time? I do. I can separate my reading and my writing pretty well, which is probably why I can write so many stories at once in so many genres.   HOW EXCITED ARE YOU FOR BEHIND THE MASK?

No comments:

Post a Comment