Thursday, June 9, 2016

Illusions

Title: Illusions

Series: The Club #1

Author: J.C. Thompson

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Release Date: July 12, 2016

Add on Goodreads – http://bit.ly/1VKM7nn

Synopsis:

Aly

I'm the princess, at least that's what my family believes. In their eyes, I can do no wrong. I was tired of

trying to be perfect, so I left. I moved across the country and opened Illusions with my best friend. It's

not your average upscale nightclub. What happens behind the scenes is where I get to go from princess

to vixen. I never ran into any of the gentlemen that came into Illusions in the real world. Until him. Now,

I'm in serious trouble. Not only is he a repeat customer, but he is my brother's best friend and business

partner.

Cole

The stress of opening the new office finally got to me. I'd heard about Illusions, an upscale nightclub, in

the middle of town. I went for more than a drink and found the one woman I can't get off my mind. I'd

give anything to see her again. Turns out that isn't too unlikely. I didn't expect her to be my best friend

and business partner's little sister. They call her the princess, but to me, she is my kitten.

Excerpt:

“Hey.” He says, I swear that smile makes me want to agree to anything just to see it again.

“Hey.” I turn grabbing the seatbelt. Once it clicks he pulls back out of the parking lot and heads towards

the highway.

“So…what did you need help with?” I ask. Unsure of where we are heading.

“Help?” his eyes quickly shift to me. He chuckles, before shifting his gaze back to the road.

“Yes, help. You said you needed my help with something.” I cross my arms over my chest and look at

him expectantly.

“Oh, yeah. I lied.” He says with a shrug.

“You what?” He lied? Why the hell would he do that? Determined to find out, I ask him just that. “Why

the hell did you lie?”

Snickering he looks at me again. “I knew you would come with me if you thought I needed help.” He says

so simply, like it all makes sense with this as an explanation.

“Where are we going then?” I don’t even attempt to hide my annoyance.

“You’ll see.” He smirks. I’d really like to take that smirk off of his gorgeous face.

“I’ll see? That’s all I get?”

“Yeah. Now sit back, look pretty, and enjoy the ride.”

Scoffing, I turn to him again. “Sit back, look pretty, and enjoy the ride? Really? God, you’re such an

asshole.”

“Just relax, Kitten.” He says.

"You lied so I would go with you, but now that I'm stuck in the truck with you, you won't tell me where

we are going? You think I can really just relax and enjoy the ride?" I ask, quickly becoming more than

annoyed.

He looks thoughtful for a moment, and I think just maybe he will realize how crazy this is and just tell me

where we are going. But when he answers, I don't get the answer I was expecting. "That about sums it

up, Kitten."

This is all so crazy, I can’t help it. I laugh. No, I don’t just laugh I full out cackle like a lunatic. I tell him

what I think of his plan. "This is the stupidest idea ever!"

"Ah, but is it?” he questions, raising his eyebrow at me. “Are you not in the truck with me, going where I

want to go?" He asks, clearly feeling proud.

"Only because you kidnapped me." I mumble. All too aware that I sound like a child.

Author Info:

Author JC Thompson was born in raised in the Pacific Northwest. Where she currently lives with her high

school sweetheart, two little girls, and five furry kids (3 cats and 2 dogs). JC loves to read romance, the

smuttier the better. She is a self-proclaimed book addict that likes to get lost in a false reality anytime

possible. When she is not getting lost in reading, she is getting lost in writing, or spending time with her

family.

Facebook – http://on.fb.me/1lz1nnL

Email – authorjcthompson@gmail.com

Goodreads – http://bit.ly/1Szp51A

No comments:

Post a Comment