Friday, May 20, 2016

The Truth of a Liar


Title: The Truth of a Liar

Series: Anyone But Him #2 – May be read as standalone

Author: Cassie Graham

Release Date: Oct 20, 2015

Synopsis:

“Life doesn’t always go according to plan. In fact, it has a nasty habit of veering off the map. So when my

job led me to New York City, something extraordinary happened…her script merged with mine.”

Hadley Theater, New York City, New York - Night

ENTER STAGE LEFT-Rowan Townsend, a twenty-nine year old Broadway starlet, strolls onto the dark,

ominous stage. The bright spotlight finds her and she smiles broadly, her body buzzing in anticipation.

Rowan

Serendipity is a funny thing, isn’t it? It jumps out from behind the bushes and offers an unbelievable

chance at happiness. It’s hopeful and intriguing, and maybe even a little terrifying.

ENTER STAGE RIGHT-Lark Hawthorne, a striking twenty-nine year old FBI agent and self-proclaimed liar,

marches to Rowan and grabs her arm, coaxing her off stage.

Lark

Rowan, what are you doing? We need to leave. It’s not safe here.

Rowan and Lark look out into the audience and a menacing shadow in the back of the theater catches

their attention. Her eyes expand in panic and he grips her hand tighter, offering reassurance.

Lark

It’s now or never. Are you ready?

EXIT STAGE RIGHT. Fade to black.

Buy Links:

Amazon – http://amzn.to/1OoqSGd

Goodreads – http://bit.ly/1s6XFW5

Excerpt:

I don’t care if it’s sinful. This feeling, right now, it makes all of the bad in my life seem like child’s play in

comparison. Landon and Cameron…they’re distant memories.

It’s almost as if I’ve waited all of my life to feel this way with this man.

“I want you. So much, Rowan,” Lark whispers. He reverberates pain, yet his voice is heady. Strained, he

hisses as I move my hands lower, settling on the hem of his pants.

I move my head to look at him. I place my hand on his cheek, and touch his bottom lip with my thumb.

He’s so soft, yet so incredibly masculine. I want to climb inside of his mind and explore every inch of

him. I want to discover all of his inner workings, his secrets. The ones he’ll openly admit to and the ones

he hides under his bed.

He clenches his teeth, but his eyes are inquisitive, curious. We stare at each other for an incalculable

amount of time. The seconds seem to pass at a glacial pace and in this moment, I’m thankful. I know

when this ends, it’ll be done for good.

It’s almost as if I’m visiting a foreign place and it’s my last day and I know if I don’t sample the unique

cuisine and take mental pictures of the scenery, I’ll never find the feeling deep inside of me again. It’ll be

lost forever.

My stomach flops at the thought.

“Lark.” I breathe. Saying his name in this setting is enough to send me over the edge and into the

unknown.

His body vibrates as the word passes my lips, and he moves his face closer to mine. His lips are

millimeters from making contact and all I’d have to do is breathe and we’d be connected, but I refuse to

move.

“Say it, again,” he demands, his breath washing over my face. “This might be the last time. Say it one

more time, please. For me.” He closes his eyes with a small smile playing on the edge of his lips. His

hand makes its way up to my face again and he clings to me as if I’m his anchor, tethering him to this

world.

I muster all of the courage I have and mutter his name, letting it float out of my mouth, my lips brushing

his in the slightest.

Lark hisses, and this time, I know it’s in longing.

Author Info:

Cassie Graham is a fiery redhead with an intense love for fairytales-- angsty, suspenseful fairytales-- but

fairytales nonetheless. She's had all kinds of jobs-- but the one she loves the most is being a writer. She

finds solace in it. She's also a mom to a beautiful little girl. Her greatest joy is watching her grow.

Cassie has always loved to write and is so thankful that she's able to do it full-time. She's very lucky to

have a husband who works his booty off working so she can live out her dream. He's the reason why

writing romance is so easy.

Cassie is a born and raised Arizona girl. Though she has moved around a bit, her home always calls to

her. It's where her heart will remain.

If Cassie isn't writing, she's more than likely cooking in the kitchen with her daughter or has her nose

buried deep in a good book. She loves front porch sitting, drinking coffee, and constantly dating her

husband.

Facebook – http://bit.ly/1OrZlOO

Twitter – http://bit.ly/1VZKZZf

Website – http://bit.ly/1PrZUwl

Goodreads – http://bit.ly/1UZb9yS

No comments:

Post a Comment